Mosquitoes And Infectious Diseases: What Everyone In Atlanta Needs To Know
February 27, 2022
Mosquitoes are well-known for their ability to transmit infectious diseases through their bites. If you want to prevent the diseases you can get from mosquitoes, it is vital to learn how to keep mosquitoes away and invest in ways to repel mosquitoes.
How Mosquitoes In Atlanta Spread Diseases
While many people know that mosquitoes can spread disease, not many are familiar with how these diseases are contracted. When a mosquito bites a human or animal, they extend their long, needle-like proboscis into the skin to feed. If the mosquito bites an infected human or animal, they will pick up whichever disease is present. Then, when the mosquito feeds on its next victim, this disease will be transferred to the human or animal that is bitten.
The more mosquitoes you have living around your yard, the higher the likelihood of getting bitten and picking up an illness. Some of the diseases you can get from mosquitoes include the Zika virus, West Nile virus, chikungunya virus, dengue fever, encephalitis, malaria, and yellow fever. It is essential to learn ways to repel mosquitoes to avoid contracting these diseases.
Practical Mosquito Prevention Tips For Atlanta
The following mosquito prevention tips can help you keep mosquitoes away from your yard and prevention them from entering your Atlanta home:
- Eliminate areas of standing water around your yard, as mosquitoes breed in these areas. Even one inch of water is enough for a mosquito to lay its eggs. Change birdbath water frequently, treat ponds or water features, and ensure proper drainage in your yard. Also, keep gutters clear and fix up leaks both inside and outside of your property.
- Use plants that prevent mosquitoes from deterring this pest away from your property. Plant lavender, citronella grass, or marigold around the foundation of your home and near decks or patios.
- Seal up cracks in windows and doors to prevent mosquitoes from getting inside. Make sure window and door screens are completely unbroken and keep exterior windows and doors closed whenever possible.
- When outside, use a mosquito repellent and wear long-sleeved, light-colored clothing. You should also take extra care when walking through overgrown areas and near standing water.
- Keep your yard clear of debris, fill holes, and remove overgrown foliage that creates shady damp areas. Also, keep the grass in your yard trimmed low, as this makes the entire area less hospitable to mosquitoes.
How To Keep Dangerous Mosquitoes Away From Your Atlanta Property
When it comes to understanding how to keep mosquitoes away, you can utilize home remedies to get rid of mosquitoes and prevent them from entering your property. However, if you have an ongoing mosquito infestation, the best way to handle it is to contact the professionals at Tuxedo Mosquito Control. The specialists will provide your property with an inspection that determines the scope of your mosquito problem and allows the experts to determine the best treatment plan for your yard.
Plus, the Atlanta mosquito control services provided by Tuxedo Mosquito Control are eco-friendly and more effective than any do-it-yourself (DIY) solution would be. Treatment is effective, affordable, and sustainable, so you don’t need to worry about anything when contacting Tuxedo Mosquito Control; let the specialists go to work, and your property will be free of this pesky biting pest in no time at all.
Contact Tuxedo Mosquito Control today for more advice or assistance.
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
It is simple: If you want to forget about Mosquitos in your yard... CALL THEM. Great service, fantastic 'set it and forget it' technology, with wonderful people backing it all up. We couldn't be happier with Tuxedo Mosquito Control!