Atlanta is the mosquito capital of the United States. If you hope to enjoy your yard without a ton of annoying mosquitoes, you need to learn the secrets of mosquito control. Join us as we break down a few simple facts about mosquitoes and discuss how mosquito control in Atlanta can work to make mosquito bites rare in your yard.
Mosquitoes Can Take The Joy Away From Your Outdoor Space
Along with mosquito bites, there are other ways mosquitoes can make time in your yard miserable. No, we're not referring to the diseases carried by mosquitoes. While mosquitoes can make you sick, and this can suck the joy out of life, we're referring to mosquito deterrents.
- Mosquito repellent is the number one way to keep mosquitoes away but you don't want to have to put bug spray on every time you go out into your yard. Some mosquito repellents can make you as ill as the mosquitoes themselves.
- Torches and candles can deter mosquitoes but they're stinky and the protection they offer is not nearly complete.
- Screens are the most effective way to guard against mosquito bites, but they also obscure your view of the outdoors. Some screens are so thick that you might as well be inside.
These and other mosquito deterrents have some benefits, but they can take the joy out of outdoor recreation. It is much better to get rid of mosquitoes in your yard.
How To Tell If You Have A Mosquito Problem Around Your Yard
If you go outside and you are immediately greeted by mosquitoes, you have a mosquito problem in your yard. The first and most important fact you should know about mosquitoes is that they don't fly from yard to yard in search of someone to bite.
Mosquitoes typically don't fly more than a few hundred feet from where they hatch. The mosquitoes that gather around you when you go outside are your mosquitoes. They live on your property.
Effortless Tricks To Reduce Mosquito Numbers In Your Yard
There are many easy ways to rid your yard of mosquitoes. The secret is to disrupt mosquito development and prevent mosquito reproduction. Here are a few suggestions:
- If you see a frisbee in your backyard, and it has rainwater in it, pour the water out and stow the frisbee inside. Any toy that captures rainwater and holds it for more than a week can provide a breeding site for mosquitoes.
- If you have plant pots that have a pool of water in them, pour that water out. Mosquitoes are particularly drawn to stagnant water in plant pots.
- If you have a clogged gutter, call a contractor to get your gutters cleaned. Mosquitoes can breed in pools of water trapped in your gutter system or in puddles of water next to your home.
Everything you do to address stagnant water on your property will have an impact on mosquitoes. Female mosquitoes lay eggs in your yard 100 eggs at a time. In a little over a week, one female can turn into a swarm of mosquitoes.
Of course, removing stagnant water won't completely address the problem of mosquitoes in your yard, particularly if you have close neighbors on each side. If you hope to keep mosquitoes away from your yard, you need a combination of treatments.
A Practical Mosquito Control Guide For Your Yard
What is the best way to keep mosquitoes out of your yard? If you contact Tuxedo Mosquito Control, we will suggest one, or a combination, of the following mosquito control options for your Atlanta yard:
- Mosquito misting service. We apply a mist treatment to your yard to knock down any adult mosquitoes in your yard. This is like flicking a reset button on mosquitoes.
- We evaluate your property and make recommendations for removing mosquito breeding sites and conducive conditions.
- We treat breeding sites with larvicide if they can't be removed.
- We install mosquito misting systems. This puts the power of mosquito control right in the palm of your hand. If you have friends coming over, you can set your system to release a mist to address mosquitoes in advance of your outdoor fun. We are the only company in the area that provides a tankless misting system. If you're curious about why this is important, we'd love to have a conversation with you.
When you need effective mosquito control, you need a mosquito expert. At Tuxedo Mosquito Control, we specialize in mosquito control services. We can guide you toward the right services for your home and family.
We also provide one-time treatments if you want to get rid of mosquitoes before an important outdoor event. Whatever you need, we have the mosquito solution for you. Reach out to us anytime; we look forward to serving you.
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
Tuxedo Mosquito is the only company we have used to control mosquitos in our yard. The service person sprays our shrubs in the woods behind our home and every shrub and plant in our yard. To the best of our knowledge this is our 9th year using Tuxedo Mosquito. Their service is excellent!!