When it comes to mosquitoes, this pesky insect can wreak havoc in your yard if left uncontrolled. There are several types of mosquitoes in Atlanta that may cause problems, but understanding them and following our recommended ways to get rid of mosquitoes can have you claiming back your yard in no time.
What Are Mosquitoes In Atlanta?
The mosquitoes in Atlanta are numerous and encouraged by the area's generally warm, humid environment. There are a few types of mosquitoes in the area, such as the aedes, culex, and anopheles mosquitoes. You will find these mosquitoes biting the most during the early morning and early evening time, with aedes mosquitoes more active throughout the daytime.
It is essential to control mosquitoes around your yard, as their bites can pass on several dangerous illnesses to you or the individuals who visit your home. The best thing to get rid of mosquitoes is to proactively prevent this pest and invest in professional mosquito control with the experts at Tuxedo Mosquito Control.
Four Ways To Protect Yourself From Atlanta's Dangerous Mosquitoes
The following ways to get rid of mosquitoes can help you protect yourself from the dangers that mosquitoes may bring you:
- When going outside, wear light-colored clothing. Mosquitoes are less likely to target brighter colors when they see you out and about.
- If going into the woods or other foliage-dense areas, you should be wearing long-sleeved clothing, pants, and proper shoes. This will help protect as much of your skin as possible from being bitten.
- Try and refrain from going outside in the very early morning or around dusk, as this is a mosquito’s favorite time to be out and biting. If you must go outside during these times, always wear mosquito repellent.
- If you plan to spend significant time outside, try and keep your alcohol consumption to a minimum. Studies have suggested that adults who drink alcohol are more likely to be bitten by mosquitoes.
Four Ways To Reduce Mosquito Populations Around Your Atlanta Yard
Keep mosquitoes out of your yard with the following tips. These steps can help you reduce populations of this pest and ensure that you always spend peaceful time outside:
- Utilize plants that help keep mosquitoes away, such as lavender, marigold, and citronella grass. All of these plants can be placed around decks, patios, or the foundation of your property to keep mosquitoes out of your yard.
- Eliminate areas of standing water around your yard as these are the mosquitoes ’ preferred areas to lay their eggs in. Ensure there is proper drainage outdoors and that gutters are clear to prevent water build-ups.
- Trim back overgrown foliage and keep the grass in your yard trimmed low. This will make your yard less hospitable to mosquitoes.
- Clear yard debris such as trash, woodpiles, accumulations of decaying materials, and fill tree holes, as this eliminates potential mosquito breeding areas.
The Most Effective Mosquito Control For Atlanta Properties
The best thing to get rid of mosquitoes, besides our above ways to get rid of mosquitoes, is to contact the professionals at Tuxedo Mosquito Control. The experts will provide you with quick-service, eco-friendly mosquito treatments and guaranteed removal of any mosquito problem that you may be experiencing on your property. Before you know it, your Atlanta property will be completely mosquito-free.