Mosquitoes invading your Atlanta property can be a recipe for disaster as this pest grows out of control and brings several problems to your yard. Learning how to get rid of mosquitoes is dependent on understanding what attracts mosquitoes and investing in the best ways to repel mosquitoes from your property.
The Types Of Mosquitoes In Atlanta
Though many people assume that mosquitoes are all the same, there are a few different types of mosquitoes that you may encounter in the Atlanta area. Here is a list of these species and their typical active times:
- Culex Mosquitoes- common to encounter during dusk and sometimes dawn
- Aedes Mosquitoes – exclusive to the south, primarily active during daylight hours
- Anopheles Mosquitoes – common to encounter around the early morning and late evening
No matter the specific mosquito species, all of these pests can pass on disease and create trouble around your Atlanta property if you don’t invest in the best ways to repel mosquitoes – proactive prevention and professional assistance from Tuxedo Mosquito Control.
What Attracts Mosquitoes To Atlanta Properties?
Learning what attracts mosquitoes is essential in reducing factors that bring this pest around your property. In general, mosquitoes are attracted to humid and warm environments, something that Atlanta tends to provide year-round. Mosquitoes also love the easy access to standing water, as they only need an inch of water to lay their eggs and start breeding for an even more troublesome infestation.
Additionally, mosquitoes are drawn to areas with dense foliage, long grass, and plenty of yard debris, as they find it easier to hide out and exist in these places. If your Atlanta property backs up to any tree line, you may have more trouble with mosquitoes because of this.
Easy And Effective Mosquito Prevention Tips For Atlanta Properties
One of the best natural remedies for mosquitoes is to implement prevention tactics. The following tips can help you deter an infestation from starting in the first place and reduce the number of this pest around your property:
- Utilize plants that prevent mosquitoes around your property; plant lavender, citronella, or marigolds around decks, patios, or the foundation of your home to keep mosquitoes away.
- Reduce moistures issues around your yard and clear up any areas of standing water. Change out birdbath water frequently and ensure no outdoor drainage issues cause moisture to pool up. You should also make sure that your gutters are always kept clear.
- Trim back foliage around your yard regularly and keep the grass trimmed down low. You should also eliminate as much yard debris as possible to make the area less hospitable to mosquitoes.
- Seal up entry points around your home, such as gaps in windows and doors. Invest in sturdy window or door screens and keep all exterior doors closed as often as possible.
The Best Way To Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Atlanta Yard
If you want to know how to get rid of mosquitoes, your best option is to contact the professionals at Tuxedo Mosquito Control. The experts are highly trained in mosquito treatment and protection and can quickly eliminate any mosquito infestation that you may be having. You will also benefit from the specialist’s knowledge in protecting your property from future mosquito problems, something that allows you to claim your Atlanta yard back from this pest and keep it free of trouble year-round.