How Much Of A Risk To Public Health Are The Mosquitoes In East Cobb?
July 11, 2022
What Are Mosquitoes?
Mosquitoes are tiny flies. At the smallest, they're 3/25th of an inch long. Most are no larger than 7/20th of an inch. Their skin and wings have scales so tiny they might require a microscope to see them. A giant proboscis and ultra-thin legs are some of their most distinguishing features.
An infestation by mosquitoes in Georgia will be pretty obvious. You'll start to spot them consistently, as well as bites on your body. Females are the culprit, as blood is a fundamental part of reproduction. Bumps are red because mosquito saliva irritates human skin. In regard to where to look for these insects, take a glance at your greenery and any standing pools; these elements support larvae growth, procreation, and diet.
Around your home or business, you may notice mosquitoes entering through open doors and windows. Holes in the foundations are routes indoors for them also. Quiet spaces with darkness and moisture act as a resting zone.
Are Mosquitoes A Major Risk To Public Health?
Unfortunately, mosquitoes are responsible for many sicknesses across the globe. Millions of people every year are either infected by or die from a condition related to these pests. You can get six diseases from mosquitoes: Zika virus, dengue, West Nile virus, malaria, chikungunya, and Yellow Fever.
What Attracts Mosquitoes To People?
Humans and animals are attractive to mosquitoes because of their blood. However, other aspects can make some individuals especially appealing, like:
- Physical chemistry and bodily fluids: Mosquitoes are drawn to the acids and ammonia in human sweat. Through hormones, the bugs can detect if a person has type O blood or is pregnant. Such traits are favorable to them.
- Clothing colors and alcoholic beverages: Mosquitoes find it easier to find you if you're wearing darker shades. When the content from alcohol surfaces from your pores, you'll be on their radar.
- Being outdoors: Mosquitoes are prevalent at sunset. If you're outdoors, then you could be bitten.
Although taking certain precautions can assist in preventing mosquito bites, the best way to ensure they stay away for good is to enlist the help of a professional.
What's The Best Way To Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Yard?
Here are a few key mosquito prevention tips:
- Burn essential oil candles.
- Place mosquito traps outside; clean them often.
- Remove standing water, like pet drinking bowls.
- Keep the lawn and greenery clipped.
- Push plants two feet away from the property.
- Flush debris from vents and gutters
Professional solutions must supplement deterrence tactics. Home remedies for mosquitoes won't suffice against infestations, and they could be hazardous. At Tuxedo Mosquito Control, we have the advanced MistAway Gen III+. It's a completely safe misting system that's tankless. Insecticide dispenses from it automatically up to three times a day. It creates a barrier to block mosquitoes. Call us today for a free quote!
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
It is simple: If you want to forget about Mosquitos in your yard... CALL THEM. Great service, fantastic 'set it and forget it' technology, with wonderful people backing it all up. We couldn't be happier with Tuxedo Mosquito Control!