The Natural Habitat Of A Mosquito
Different types of mosquitoes prefer different environments entirely. They’re just like us in that regard. However, there are some through-lines that can help you keep your property free of any factors that mosquitoes find attractive.
Here are some things to know:
- Some mosquitoes prefer to live near people. These are likely going to be the most annoying types of mosquitoes if you live in, or often visit, a big city.
- Forests or marshes are home to some types of mosquitoes. You’ll see a lot of these sorts of mosquitoes if you live along the edge of a forest or have a considerable treeline on your property.
- Moist soil is a great nesting ground for a number of mosquitoes. We tend to look upwards when we look for signs of these pests, but they’re just as happy to lay around in fertile, damp soil as they are to buzz around above our heads.
- Standing or slow-flowing water. All mosquitoes love still water because their larvae depend on it. If you want to keep mosquitoes away from your Roswell home, start by making sure you don’t have any standing water fixtures close to your home. No mosquitoes can say no to a birdbath or pool of water!
Following these tips may not be a cure-all, but they may help you keep mosquitoes in Roswell from becoming a major problem in the first place by keeping them at bay.
Mosquitoes Finding Their Way Inside Can Be Very Problematic
Though it may sound difficult, it’s extremely important to do your best to keep mosquitoes from coming inside. They serve their own unique function in the environment, but they’re also potentially very harmful to humans.
Mosquitoes are annoying when we encounter them outside, sure. They’re much, much worse should they decide to start reproducing in your home. That’s especially true when you consider that the cost to spray for mosquitoes, while often cheap, is almost certainly higher than moving your birdbath or shutting your windows!
All The Ways Mosquitoes Can Find Their Way Inside
Mosquitoes aren’t exactly the most welcome of guests, so a huge consideration for preventing and eliminating mosquito infestations in the home is how these annoying critters find their way inside in the first place.
Here are just a few of the many ways mosquitoes can invite themselves in:
- Through doors and windows – even when not ajar!
- Through cracks in the walls and ceiling
- Through plumbing, such as the sink
- On you and your clothes
Mosquitoes definitely prefer the outdoor environment to most indoor environments, but they are still quite adept at making themselves home in walls and other crevices inside the home.
If you live in a warm and humid environment, mosquitoes are probably a part of the picture a few months out of the year, at least. During months when you notice an uptick in their activity outdoors, you’ll want to increase your diligence in making sure there are no mosquitoes on your clothing when you go back inside. That alone can be a huge deterrent for mosquitoes.
The Key To Total Mosquito Control For Your Home
It’s not really possible to eradicate a mosquito infestation on your own, once one has taken hold. If you see a group of mosquitos in your home, they may have just flown inside from a window or door being open for an extended period of time. During the months when mosquitoes are more common, this can happen to anyone.
There are also many flies that look like mosquitos buzzing around during the summer months that may raise a false alarm, so it’s prudent to observe any possible infestations very carefully.
If the issue persists, and you see mosquitoes in your home beyond one or two that may have flown inside by accident, you are probably dealing with an infestation of mosquitoes that are using your property as their nesting grounds. Once this has happened, the average homeowner stands little chance of fixing the issue on their own.
Tuxedo Mosquito Control is your number-one solution for taking your home back from these buzzing nuisances once and for all. We utilize the most modern and effective techniques and equipment suited to eradicating mosquito infestations at their source, so they stay gone once and for all.
Reach out today to get started and to learn more about our residential and commercial mosquito control services in Roswell.