What You Need To Know About Mosquitoes And Dangerous Diseases In East Cobb
September 09, 2022
There Are Different Species Of Mosquitoes
Even though most mosquitoes look similar, several different types of mosquitoes buzz around the East Cobb area. The main species of mosquitoes that you may find flitting around your yard include the Aedes aegypti, Aedes albopictus, Culex quinquefasciatus, and Ochlerotatus triseriatus mosquitoes. Each of these insects will have the same basic appearance, but you may be able to identify the species by their activity times during the day and the times of the year they are most likely to be seen.
Mosquito identification is a vital part of proper mosquito control. If you need help, you can contact our experts at Tuxedo Mosquito Control to learn more.
Different Species Of Mosquitoes Spread Different Diseases
All species of mosquito can bite you, and all mosquito types have the potential to spread disease; however, that depends on the species of mosquito biting you. Here, we list the species and the diseases you can get from mosquitoes in the East Cobb area:
- Aedes aegypti: Dengue virus, yellow fever, chikungunya virus, and Zika virus
- Aedes albopictus: Chikungunya virus, dengue virus and dirofilariasis
- Culex quinquefasciatus: St. Louis encephalitis, Western equine encephalitis, and West Nile fever
- Ochlerotatus triseriatus: La Crosse encephalitis, yellow fever, and canine heartworm disease
Protecting yourself from these mosquito species is essential to avoid potentially dangerous bites and future health issues. Contact Tuxedo Mosquito Control if you have concerns about the mosquitoes on your property.
How To Protect Yourself From Mosquito Bites
Learning to protect yourself from mosquito bites is crucial to safeguard yourself from the diseases this pest transmits. Some easy ways to keep mosquitoes away from your person and ward off bites:
- Use an insect repellant when outdoors to ward off this insect and stop yourself or your loved ones from being bitten.
- Wear long-sleeved clothing and pants when outside hiking or working in the yard to guard against bites.
- Stay out of damp, humid, and shady areas, as these are places where mosquitoes love to hide.
- Use window and door screens around your property and keep exterior entrances closed whenever possible to ensure mosquitoes stay outside.
- When sleeping outside, use mosquito nets to ensure safety from mosquito bites overnight.
For more information on protecting yourself from mosquito bites, contact our team at Tuxedos Mosquito Control and let our experts put your concerns about this pest to rest.
The Trick To Keeping Dangerous Mosquitoes Away From Your Home
When it comes to keeping dangerous mosquitoes away from your East Cobb home, investing in Tuxedo Mosquito Control is one of the best ways to get rid of mosquitoes. Our team dedicates themselves to total-yard protection from mosquitoes by utilizing our revolutionary mosquito misting systems and tailored mosquito spraying services.
We make sure to work closely with you to evaluate all of your mosquito problem areas before discussing the best form of treatment for your property, something that allows us to effectively and reliably remove mosquitoes from your property. With our help, you can eradicate active mosquito populations and keep your East Cobb home safe from this pest throughout the mosquito season.
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
I would highly recommend Tuxedo Mosquito. Very professional organization. Installation was quick and service has been great. My wife, who seems to be a "mosquito magnet" spent the entire summer in our backyard without getting bit. Money well spent