The Most Successful Mosquito Control Method In Atlanta
May 09, 2022
Having a lovely evening out and a good night's sleep can become a thing of the past when mosquitoes take over your property. Once an infestation establishes, it can be challenging to control.
A mosquito yard invasion means now is the time to learn about the different mosquitoes commonly found in Atlanta. Also, discover why DIY control methods often fall short even if they are an attractive potential solution and what you can do to remove factors that attract mosquitoes to your yard. If you are struggling with an infestation, Tuxedo Mosquito Control provides mosquito control in Atlanta you can rely on to safely and successfully eliminate mosquitoes.
Species Of Mosquitoes Commonly Found In Atlanta
There are several types of mosquitoes that you will encounter in your yard; some are more dangerous than others. The list of diseases caused by mosquitoes can be pretty extensive. The most common species and diseases they transmit include:
- Aedes Mosquitoes: Active at all hours of the day and can transmit the Zika virus.
- Culex Mosquitoes: Most active at dawn and dusk. They can transmit the West Nile virus.
- Anopheles Mosquitoes: Most active at dawn and dusk and can transmit malaria to humans and heartworm to pets.
- Aedes Mosquitoes: A black and white striped species that can transmit dengue fever, chikungunya, Zika fever, Mayaro, and yellow fever viruses.
None of these species of mosquitoes are safe to have in your yard. If you suffer from a mosquito infestation, it is vital to learn the best ways to control them safely and effectively.
Why DIY Mosquito Control Methods Fall Short
No one wants to experience painful bites that can potentially lead to life-threatening diseases, but it can be tempting to try home remedies to get rid of mosquitoes first. Unfortunately, they are unlikely to work for several reasons:
- Mosquitoes reproduce quickly and effectively, and DIY methods rarely keep up with the ever-increasing population.
- Mosquito traps will help reduce the population of adult mosquitoes but will not affect their eggs.
- Most DIY methods stop working as soon as you stop using them, which means that you would need to use citronella candles and other techniques continuously if they were to work.
- Some products need to be precisely used, and failing to do so would lead to expenses with few results.
When it comes to dangerous pests like mosquitoes, it is best to reach out to a professional. If you want to do your part in controlling the infestation, it is possible if you start with the following tips.
How To Naturally Remove Factors That Attract Mosquitoes To Your Yard
Controlling an infestation is only part of the problem. You also need to understand why it happened in the first place and what you can do to prevent it from returning. A professional pest control company can best advise you on the various ways to get rid of mosquitoes. Start control by implementing these preventative methods:
- Remove all stagnant water sources from your property, including ponds, water features, and old tires. If you wish to maintain open water features, a water aerator can prevent mosquitoes from using them to lay their eggs.
- Keep your yard clean and tidy. Mosquitoes are resourceful when laying their eggs and hiding during the daytime.
- Consider planting herbs and flowers that keep mosquitoes away, such as peppermint and lavender.
- Remember that they are ineffective at eliminating an infestation but might help keep some mosquitoes away.
- Contact a pest control company for recommendations on the best products to keep mosquitoes away.
- Oscillating fans in your home can keep mosquitoes from entering certain rooms.
Getting rid of mosquitoes independently is not easy, but these steps can help reduce the severity of an established infestation or prevent a new one from returning.
The Safe And Successful Mosquito Control Method For Atlanta Yards
When it comes to the best methods of mosquito control, the best bet is to have your unique situation inspected by professionals to devise a treatment plan specific to you. Treatments include eliminating mosquito habitats, controlling mosquitoes before they hatch or are still in the larval stage, and exterminating adult mosquitoes. If you struggle with an infestation, you can rely on Tuxedo Mosquito Control to provide mosquito control in Atlanta.
Mosquitoes are dangerous pests that reproduce quickly. Unfortunately, DIY methods are not always effective and can even worsen an existing infestation. If mosquitoes have taken over your yard, reach out to our experts at Tuxedo Mosquito Control to eliminate them safely and prevent their return.
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
Tuxedo Mosquito is the only company we have used to control mosquitos in our yard. The service person sprays our shrubs in the woods behind our home and every shrub and plant in our yard. To the best of our knowledge this is our 9th year using Tuxedo Mosquito. Their service is excellent!!