How To Protect Your Pets From Mosquitoes In Atlanta
October 28, 2021
As a pet owner, you are diligent about protecting your four-legged friends from all sorts of pest activity. From biting fleas to marauding ticks, you have your pets covered no matter what. However, many Atlanta home and business owners overlook a common pest that is dangerous to pet health: mosquitoes.
Contrary to popular belief, pets are not immune to the dangers of mosquitoes. Although pets cannot get certain transmittable diseases, they can pick up certain parasites and small illnesses from a few simple bites. These include:
- West Nile Virus
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis Virus
Thankfully, the majority of diseases spread by mosquitoes are relatively harmless. Most pets will completely recover within a week or two, while some may require light medications to treat. Others, including heartworm, could be much more serious. If you suspect that your pet has begun to show some signs of heartworms, please report to a trusted local vet.
Protecting Dogs & Cats From Mosquitoes During The Summer
Mosquitoes are most active during the hot and humid summer season. Whether or not your pets are indoor or outdoor family members, proper protection is necessary to keep illnesses from spreading. Here's how to protect your dogs and cats from mosquito-borne illnesses throughout the active season:
- Keep your four-legged friends safe from mosquitoes by keeping them indoors at certain times of the day. Dawn and dusk are the mosquito’s most active hours, as well as their most frequent biting times. Send your pets outside to play during the heat of the day for the best possible protection.
- Reduce mosquito populations around your yard by reducing any lingering sources of standing water. Keep the gutters clear, drain birdbaths and running fountains, and otherwise remove tarps and toys from the property.
- Enlisting the help of professional mosquito control will protect you and your lawn on a year-round basis. Not only will misting services make the yard more habitable for humans, but they can prevent untimely instances of disease spread to pets.
You love your pets a great deal and would never want anything bad to happen to them. That's why sourcing high-quality, long-lasting mosquito misting services is your best bet for protecting pets all year round; when the time comes to go a step further in your mosquito control, reach out to the professionals who care at Tuxedo Mosquito Control.
Where Professional Pest Control Fits Into The Mix
Tuxedo Mosquito Control is a trusted local company that specializes in the treatment and abatement of mosquito populations. As a family-owned and operated company, our goal is to help keep you and your four-legged family safe from mosquito activity during the peak season.
1. Long-term misting services release a powerful product twice a day to protect your lawn.
2. Spray services apply a unique mosquito formula to your yard, garden, and landscaping.
At the end of the day, the best way to keep mosquitoes away from your pets is with professional assistance from mosquito experts in Atlanta. Call Tuxedo Mosquito Control today for a free quote. We’re looking forward to serving you!
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
It is simple: If you want to forget about Mosquitos in your yard... CALL THEM. Great service, fantastic 'set it and forget it' technology, with wonderful people backing it all up. We couldn't be happier with Tuxedo Mosquito Control!