How To Identify And Prevent Mosquito Bites In East Cobb
September 16, 2022
How To Identify A Mosquito Bite
Many nuisance pests around the East Cobb area may leave an itchy bite on you. If you don’t see the culprit of your bite, chances are you may need a little help determining where your bite came from; it is essential to learn this, as proper treatment and mosquito control depend on knowing exactly which insect bit you.
In general, mosquito bites will be a small raised area on your skin. The area bitten will appear as a puffy, reddish bump a few minutes after the bites, and many individuals will experience itchiness. Sometimes, a mosquito bite may seem hard, have several other bumps accompanying it, or appear as a rash or bruise several days after the initial bite.
Concerning Mosquito Bite Symptoms To Watch For
After receiving a mosquito bite, most people will experience itchiness for a day or two, but the bite will eventually fade and heal. However, there are several diseases that you can get from mosquitoes, not to mention allergic reactions that may occur due to mosquito bites. It is essential to look out for these symptoms of something more serious:
- Swelling around the bite or swollen lymph nodes
- Rash or red lines tracking away from the bite
- Stiff neck
- Muscle aches or joint pain
- Nausea or vomiting
If you see any of these signs around your mosquito bite, seek medical attention immediately.
Six Practical Mosquito Bite Prevention Tips
All types of mosquitoes are out and about in the East Cobb area looking to make a meal out of your blood. These practical mosquito bite prevention tips are a great way to get rid of mosquitoes near you and protect yourself from a potentially dangerous bite:
- Wear long-sleeved clothing and pants when walking outdoors and working around your yard to protect your limbs from bites.
- Avoid walking outdoors through damp, swampy, and overgrown areas, as these shady spots are favorite mosquito hiding places.
- Use insect repellant before stepping outside and spray any outdoor equipment such as tents with a light coating of repellant.
- Ensure your home has sturdy, unbroken windows and door screens to keep mosquitoes outside.
- When sleeping outdoors, utilize a mosquito net to prevent yourself from being bitten overnight.
- In your yard, remove areas of standing water and overgrown grass or foliage to reduce mosquito hiding spots to make your yard less hospitable to this pest.
For more information on mosquito prevention, don’t hesitate to contact our knowledgeable team at Tuxedo Mosquito Control.
Professional Mosquito Control Is A Great Idea For Your Yard
One of the best ways to repel mosquitoes around your yard is by investing in professional mosquito control. Our team at Tuxedo Mosquito Control strives to give your home the best protection possible from this pesky, buzzing intruder. With our expert mosquito control tactics and state-of-the-art mosquito repellant products, such as spraying and misting systems, we will resolve any mosquito problem on your property in no time.
Contact us today to request your free quote and get started protecting your home from the dangers of mosquitoes.
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
I would highly recommend Tuxedo Mosquito. Very professional organization. Installation was quick and service has been great. My wife, who seems to be a "mosquito magnet" spent the entire summer in our backyard without getting bit. Money well spent