How To Buy An Atlanta Property With Less Mosquitoes
December 03, 2021
So you want to buy a house in Atlanta. There are hundreds of thousands of people living in the city itself and millions of households all over the Atlanta metro area. Life here in Atlanta is fantastic and filled with plenty of things to do and see. If you’re planning on moving in soon, you won’t be disappointed! But there is one thing that new Atlanta arrivals should know about our big city – there are lots and lots of mosquitoes here to fight.
The humid climate, warm winters, and frequent rainfall associated with Atlanta make it one of the most infested cities in the United States. Mosquitoes outnumber humans by 10 to 1 and make it challenging to enjoy property or landscape without some discomfort. When considering the purchase of residential or commercial property here in Georgia, you’ll want to find a place to truly call home. This means looking for homes that will be more or less protected against mosquito infestations. Let’s take a look at some common factors to be aware of here in the Peach State.
Factors To Look Out For While Buying An Atlanta Property
There are a few telltale signs of heavy mosquito activity around the house:
- Certain plants may attract more mosquitoes than others. If your prospective property contains any magnolia trees or English ivy, you may want to inquire about local mosquito activity. These thick shrubs hold a lot of moisture and shade, attracting copious numbers of mosquitoes. What’s more, the sweet and powerful blooms of the magnolia tree are sure to attract hordes of male mosquitoes.
- Be on the lookout for slopes on the lawn where water can pool. If not maintained, any nearby water features, including ponds, lakes, or fountains, can become significant mosquito hotspots.
- Homes surrounded by dense vegetation or shady trees could also experience heightened levels of mosquito activity. These pests may enjoy the shady mornings and afternoons around your home, as well as the tasty ‘treats’ that live inside your house.
All things considered, it’s important to remember that mosquito activity should not be the make-or-break element of choosing a home. Although they can be frustrating and even dangerous, these pests can be controlled with seasonal treatments from a professional pest control company.
It is far more important to invest in a home you love or one you could see yourself living in for years to come. For this reason, new homeowners in the Atlanta area are encouraged to look for professional mosquito abatements from Tuxedo Mosquito Control.
All The Ways Tuxedo Mosquito Control Can Help To Manage Your Lawn
As a family-owned and operated business in the Atlanta area, the professionals behind Tuxedo Mosquito Control understand the struggle behind mosquito management and abatement. As local property owners, we also require professional services and programs to keep our homes in tip-top shape. Whether you’re moving to Georgia for the first time or just relocating to a different part of the state, the folks at Tuxedo Mosquito Control have the tools you need to stay mosquito-free.
Some of our program features include:
- Installing a misting system for the ultimate in mosquito management
- Getting monthly or one-off services for any occasion
- Inspections and consultations that offer professional insights
- Traditional and alternative treatments are also available
Contact Tuxedo Mosquito Control today to learn more about Atlanta mosquito management. Talk soon!
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
It is simple: If you want to forget about Mosquitos in your yard... CALL THEM. Great service, fantastic 'set it and forget it' technology, with wonderful people backing it all up. We couldn't be happier with Tuxedo Mosquito Control!