How Can I Prevent Mosquitoes Around My Roswell Yard?
September 29, 2022
Where Do Mosquitoes Come From?
Easy access to food, standing water for breeding, and shady sheltering spots attract mosquitoes to your yard. Many of these factors on your property can draw all types of mosquitoes and lead to a significant infestation. It is important to note that a major part of mosquito control is taking the time to identify and remove these factors so you can deter future mosquito issues. Tuxedo Mosquito Control can help you with this process.
How Dangerous Is It To Be Bitten By A Mosquito?
Though many individuals may think that mosquito bites are nothing more than an itchy nuisance, these bites can be pretty dangerous. While not every mosquito is infected, there are several diseases you can get from mosquitoes transferred through their bites, such as the Zika virus, West Nile virus, malaria, and yellow fever. Moreover, mosquito bites may trigger allergic reactions in specific individuals or become infected due to bacteria entering the bite area. You should seek medical attention if you incur severe symptoms such as fever, muscle aches or weakness, headache, nausea, or vomiting after receiving a mosquito bite.
What Are Some Ways I Can Prevent Mosquitoes Around My Yard?
If you want to prevent mosquitoes from invading your yard, there are a few easy natural ways to get rid of mosquitoes that you can follow. These tips will help make outdoor areas less hospitable to this pest:
- Remove standing water areas from your property, as these can easily serve as mosquito breeding grounds.
- Address all leaks, drainage problems, and other moisture issues that may lead to moist, humid, or swampy areas around your property.
- Cut back all long grasses and overgrown foliage and remove debris around outdoor areas to reduce mosquito hiding spots.
- Use larvicide in water features to prevent mosquito eggs from thriving in these locations.
- Utilize plants that mosquitoes hate around your yards, such as marigolds, citronella, and lemongrass, to deter invasions of this pest.
- Always wear insect repellant when spending time outdoors to prevent mosquitoes from being drawn to you and delivering bites.
For more information on preventing mosquitoes or questions about conditions that may be conducive to mosquito invasions, contact Tuxedo Mosquito Control at the first signs of this pest on your property.
Is Professional Mosquito Control A Good Idea For My Yard?
Professional mosquito control is one of the best ways to get rid of mosquitoes. At Tuxedo Mosquito Control, we know how irritating and dangerous mosquito infestations around your property can be, which is why we dedicate ourselves to eradicating this pest from your yard.
Our experienced technicians will waste no time evaluating your property for mosquito problem areas and discussing the most effective treatment options with you. You can choose from automated mosquito misting or manual spraying services. You can take advantage of ongoing or one-time treatment plans to receive the mosquito control services you need for your property – nothing more and nothing less.
Contact Tuxedo Mosquito Control today to eliminate mosquito problems around your Roswell property and get back to enjoying the outdoors.
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
It is simple: If you want to forget about Mosquitos in your yard... CALL THEM. Great service, fantastic 'set it and forget it' technology, with wonderful people backing it all up. We couldn't be happier with Tuxedo Mosquito Control!