Frequently Asked Questions About The Mosquitoes In East Cobb
March 10, 2023
What Are Mosquitoes?
If you have lived in Georgia for any length of time, you already know what mosquitoes are. But knowing a little more information about them can be helpful when you are searching for ways to repel mosquitoes. Here are a few mosquito facts to get you started:
- Only female mosquitos feed on blood, which they need to lay their eggs.
- Different types of mosquitoes are active at different times. Our area has the most mosquito activity from dawn through dusk.
- Stagnant water on your property will attract them as a place to lay their eggs.
- Dark clothing and perfume are some things to avoid if you are trying to find ways to keep mosquitoes away from you.
The simplest and most efficient way to get rid of mosquitoes is to work with the pros at Tuxedo Mosquito Control.
How Often Is A Mosquito Bite Dangerous?
Most of the time, a mosquito bite only leaves behind an itchy red welt. But it helps to be aware of the diseases carried by mosquitoes in case symptoms develop. The following list explains some of the diseases and the corresponding symptoms to watch out for:
- West Nile virus: Headaches, body aches, joint pain, vomiting, diarrhea, and rash
- Dengue: Eye pain typically presents behind the eyes, nausea, vomiting, rash, and muscles, joint, or bone pain
- Encephalitis: Confusion, seizures, difficulty speaking, weakness, and loss of consciousness
- Tularemia: Skin ulcers, swollen glands, inflamed eyes, mouth sores, and pneumonia
The best way to control mosquitoes and protect your family from dangerous diseases is to team up with Tuxedo Mosquito Control for effective professional mosquito control.
Is Do-It-Yourself Mosquito Control Effective?
Many do-it-yourself products claim to repel mosquitoes from your yard; unfortunately, most of their claims are unfounded. If you have tried things like citronella candles, you probably have not had much success. While the candles may add to the ambiance in your yard, they do little to stop these pests from biting. Other products like bug zappers or fans may help deter a few mosquitoes but fail to address the causes of mosquito populations on your property.
There are also ways to repel mosquitoes that you can buy that you spray or rub onto your skin. While some products may help prevent bites, their effect is quite limited. The safest and most effective way to keep mosquitoes away is to enlist the help of a local, reliable company like Tuxedo Mosquito Control.
What Is The Best Mosquito Control Solution?
If your yard has become a place you and your family avoid, it is time to get rid of mosquitoes and reclaim your property. At Tuxedo Mosquito Control, we have been family-owned and operated for 20 years, and we know how to eliminate your mosquito problem. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial mosquito services in East Cobb and request a free quote.
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
Tuxedo Mosquito is the only company we have used to control mosquitos in our yard. The service person sprays our shrubs in the woods behind our home and every shrub and plant in our yard. To the best of our knowledge this is our 9th year using Tuxedo Mosquito. Their service is excellent!!