East Cobb's Ultimate Mosquito Protection Guide
June 30, 2022
Having insects and creatures on your property is never easy, but flying bugs can be particularly worrisome. Many species, such as mosquitoes, can bite or sting. Should they be able to nip you, red and itchy welts will appear. Catching their populations as a whole is nearly impossible, especially when they flourish outdoors, so mosquito control in East Cobb can be your resource.
What makes mosquitoes in East Cobb a risk is pulling blood from several humans and animals. This increases the potential for disease transmission. There are multiple ways to repel mosquitoes or at least attempt to. Some are flawed and not a good use of money or effort. Find out what works and doesn’t and how Tuxedo Mosquito Control can solve your problems with these pests.
Species Of Mosquitoes Commonly Found In East Cobb
There are over 60 species of mosquitoes in the state of Georgia. Four of them are:
- Yellow-fever mosquito (Aedes aegypti)
- Asian tiger (Aedes albopictus)
- Southern house (Culex quinquefasciatus)
- Eastern treehole mosquito (Ochlerotatus triseriatus)
Overall, mosquitoes are typically about 1/6 to 1/3 of an inch long. Their bodies are about as scaly as their wings. Among their conspicuous features are their very large noses and slim legs. Blood is vital to these critters because it’s utilized for egg creation. Consequently, females do the biting. Due to allergies to insect saliva, you’ll have redness and itching. Standing pools are hubs for mosquitoes, as water is a part of their consumption and breeding, so infestations occur on properties with these elements in the proximity.
Holes in foundations can serve as passage points for mosquitoes in East Cobb. That’s the case with open doors and windows. If an area is dark, isn’t noisy, and has some moisture, it will be appealing to these bugs. People often see them in laundry rooms, garages, and closets. An infestation is active if you keep spotting the pests or having bites on your skin.
Mosquitoes Can Be Detrimental To Your Health
Intense bodily reactions to mosquito bites consist of sizable red and inflamed patches, a low-grade fever, hives, and swollen lymph nodes. The insects having infected blood is what leads to them communicating illnesses. Major diseases and symptoms to be knowledgeable about are:
- Malaria: Sweating and chills
- Zika virus: Muscle pain, rash, and fever
- Chikungunya (incurable): Joint pain and fever
- Yellow Fever: Kidney, heart, and liver malfunctions
- Dengue: Fever, nausea, and rashes
- West Nile virus: Fever and mild headaches
Don’t hesitate to receive medical assistance if you begin to experience complications. The sooner you act, the better.
Tips To Protect Yourself From Dangerous Mosquito Bites
Many people don’t know that you can accidentally make yourself attractive to mosquitoes. Luckily, there are some effective tips you can minimize your risk for getting bitten:
- Wear light shades of clothing, which are more challenging for mosquitoes to see.
- Head indoors at dusk. This is the primary time mosquitoes are swarming.
- Refrain from ordering an alcoholic beverage when you’re spending time outdoors.
- Use candles made with essential oils; mosquitoes don’t like the aroma.
- Place mosquito traps; see to it that they’re cleaned frequently.
- Cut the grass and trim greenery on a routine basis.
- Lower the amount of standing water on your lawn by drying pet drinking bowls.
- Remove debris from the gutters regularly.
Folks usually try their luck with a “do it yourself” spray. It may contain water and a natural base, like apple cider vinegar or basil. It could upset mosquitoes, but the infestation won’t die down. Taking things up a notch with a retail pesticide isn’t better, as shelf goods can be incredibly noxious.
The Best Way To Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Yard
You need successful ways to repel mosquitoes during an invasion that won’t break the bank. You’ll also want options that won’t harm humans, beloved pets, or your yard. We at Tuxedo Mosquito Control have affordable and safe treatments that are high quality. Our MistAway Gen III+ misting system will execute pesticides at certain times, preventing mosquitoes. It's a tankless device and fully automated. Scheduled sprays and solitary visits are available. Call today for a free quote!
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
I would highly recommend Tuxedo Mosquito. Very professional organization. Installation was quick and service has been great. My wife, who seems to be a "mosquito magnet" spent the entire summer in our backyard without getting bit. Money well spent