Don't Let Atlanta's Mosquitoes Ruin Your Special Outdoor Event
April 25, 2022
Are you planning a big outdoor event or celebration? Don’t let mosquitoes ruin the fun! Mosquito prevention is an intricate part of complete pest control for your Atlanta home. In this guide, we’ll take a look at why mosquitoes are such a problem for Atlanta homeowners, ways you can deter them from swarming around your home, and how you can put a permanent stop to mosquitoes around your property.
Key Points To A Successful Outdoor Event
Atlanta is incredibly lively in the summertime, with no shortage of things to see and do. Even in the suburbs, the warm weather provides the perfect backdrop for pool parties, picnics, and other outdoor festivities for the majority of the year. Naturally, this makes it essential to prepare for the heat. While there are a million ways to throw a great outdoor event, there is one surefire way to ruin it: invite mosquitoes.
How Mosquitoes Can Really Spoil The Occasion
Mosquitoes are a problematic pest here in Atlanta. The high heat and humidity gives them the perfect environment they need to thrive, and all the people out and about give them plenty of targets to prey on.
It’s fairly well-known that mosquitoes are dangerous pests, but most people accept them as inevitable. Thankfully, that’s not the case. There are a few things you can try to keep them away from your home before resorting to professional help.
Natural Ways To Prevent Mosquitoes At Your Outdoor Event
Here are some great natural repellants you can use to minimize mosquitoes around your yard:
- Lemongrass: This plant is a great indoor and outdoor plant. It smells nice, is easy to care for, and looks beautiful no matter where you plant it. Lemongrass contains traces of another plant that mosquitoes can’t stand, which is next on our list.
- Citronella: Most stores sell citronella candles and torches to deter mosquitoes, but did you know you can plant a small shrub for a similar effect? Thankfully, citronella shrubs thrive in climates like ours. For a beautiful, thriving bit of greenery that smells like citrus, give citronella a try.
- Eucalyptus Tree: This option doesn’t just keep mosquitoes away. Say goodbye to sand flies, ticks, and more. Not only is it an effective means of control, but it’s also a beautiful addition to any yard or garden.
- Phenomenal Lavender: Not only is Lavender a hardy plant that even the blackest of thumbs can keep alive; it’s an easy and useful addition to any landscape. Its pop of color can not only add spice to your garden, but mosquitoes can’t stand the smell.
- Garlic: While not the most aromatically pleasant to humans, garlic is an effective deterrent to mosquitoes. Garlic is notoriously easy to grow, grows in high volume, and might just take your home cooking to the next level.
The Best Way To Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Special Outdoor Event
The problem with mosquitoes is that there is almost nowhere they can’t strike - especially in a place as hot and humid as Atlanta. Sometimes, they’re simply impossible to prevent for homeowners working on their own. Perhaps you can’t restructure your landscaping to keep mosquitoes away, or they’re stubbornly sticking around and getting indoors.
If you want to keep your next outdoor event mosquito-free, the only solution is through professional mosquito abatement services. When natural prevention doesn’t help, it’s time to call in Atlanta’s mosquito control professionals: Tuxedo Mosquito.
We have experience covering a wide variety of outdoor events, including:
- Outdoor fundraisers
- Family reunions
- Community gatherings
- And more!
No one knows the mosquitoes that call Atlanta home better than the professionals here at Tuxedo Mosquito. We’re the best at mosquito control, and we’re here to make any outdoor event you’re planning a mosquito-free success. Call us today for more details!
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
Tuxedo Mosquito is the only company we have used to control mosquitos in our yard. The service person sprays our shrubs in the woods behind our home and every shrub and plant in our yard. To the best of our knowledge this is our 9th year using Tuxedo Mosquito. Their service is excellent!!