Atlanta Proprietors’ Secret Weapon Against Mosquitoes
December 30, 2021
No matter how big your Atlanta business is, you can bet that there will be mosquitoes nearby. Outdoor venues and large properties often struggle more than smaller enterprises, mainly because of more significant swaths of land and a greater number of hiding places. A few of the most common species of mosquito found around Atlanta include:
- Yellow fever (Aedes aegypti)
- Asian tiger (Aedes albopictus)
- Common malaria (Anopheles quadrimaculatus)
- Common house (Culex pipiens)
- American gallinipper (Psorophora ciliata)
The kinds of problems created by a mosquito presence can become quite severe. Commercial outdoor areas such as event venues may find it challenging to facilitate comfortable get-togethers. Eateries and outdoor restaurants may have trouble getting customers to dine in their patio areas. Vacation destinations or large resorts may have difficulty keeping pests away from group gathering areas. Finally, large municipalities such as parks could see a drop in visitations due to heavy mosquito activity.
The effects of a severe mosquito infestation have the potential to tank online ratings, reduce brand trust, and ultimately lower your profit margins. However, a secret weapon can be used against these pests all season long – prevention and mitigation! It’s essential to understand the factors that attract mosquitoes to your property in the first place and how to keep them out for good.
The Factors That Attract Mosquitoes To Atlanta Businesses
Before we talk about mosquito prevention and mitigation, it’s important to understand what attracts mosquitoes to commercial properties.
- The vast majority of mosquitoes are due to an overabundance of moisture. Standing puddles of water provide plenty of resources to the scavenging mosquito, including a place to lay eggs.
- Mosquitoes are also attracted to shady, cool lawns that hold plenty of humidity. Extensive gardens, thick bushes, and other leafy areas have the potential to house thousands of mosquito vectors at a time.
- Finally, mosquitoes are more interested in high-traffic businesses that see plenty of visitors during the early morning and evening hours.
If any of the above factors are present around your Atlanta business, you could be in the high-risk bracket for mosquito infestations.
Reduce The Attractants
It is not possible to eliminate all mosquito attractant factors. However, there are some steps you can take to lessen your risk factors over time, including:
- Draining all pools of standing water
- Treating water puddles with mosquito larvicide or bacteria
- Mowing, trimming, and pruning around the lawn
For the ultimate form of commercial mosquito control in Atlanta, reach out to Tuxedo Mosquito Control.
Tuxedo Mosquito Control Has Your Back With Abatements, Treatments & More
- MistAway Gen III+ automated misting system protects large properties throughout
- Zoning kits that ac like a sprinkler system against marauding bugs
- Monthly maintenance visits
- One-time sprays for festivals or special events
- Protection against other types of biting insects, including spiders, flies, gnats, and more
Are you concerned about the use of traditional products on your property? We also offer natural and cultural controls to stop mosquitoes, as well as any other pests that could be harming your business. Curious to see the difference our team could make around your property? Don’t hesitate to call the commercial mosquito control professionals at Tuxedo Mosquito Control right away.
What Tuxedo Mosquito Customers Are Saying
I would highly recommend Tuxedo Mosquito. Very professional organization. Installation was quick and service has been great. My wife, who seems to be a "mosquito magnet" spent the entire summer in our backyard without getting bit. Money well spent